I've spent the last five weeks in locations over Sydney facilitating a number of workshops with participants aged 9 to adult. I ran two separate workshops called Acting on Screen for participants age 12-16 years, two Drama School courses where partcipants aged 9-11 and 12-15 gained some understanding of what it's like to train as a professional actor and also steered a number of 12-16 year olds through the auditioning process in a two day Auditions and Screen Tests intensive.
Two days ago I finished running auditions for two one-year-long courses I will facilitate part of throughout 2008: Young Film Makers and Drama Studio.
Two weeks ago I also facilitated a two day Teaching Drama course for Primary School Teachers. Eight teachers from all over Australia came to Sydney to participate and the results were great.
Following is some of the feedback I received from these courses.
Teaching Drama for Primary School Teachers (2 Days)
- Fantastic - I will be a much better teacher - especially when I deliver drama lessons. Paul's sessions were clear, explicit and fun. I wanted to return on the second day! Will tell my peers!!! Debbie
- Excellent, very helpful for practical exercises to do with all ages within primary. Paul was excellent, encouraging, has an obvious passion for drama which came across in his enthusiasm & great teaching ideas. Tracey
- I thoroughly enjoyed the course and have gained confidence and a repertoire of resources for teaching drama. Jeanelle
- Absolutely awesome. Fantastic ideas to run with in the classroom. Really got the creative juices flowing! Paul was excellent! Great to work with. Understanding. Very knowledgeable! Sharon
- A fantastic opportunity to learn new relevant ideas. Paul was well prepared, relevant, supportive and positive - a great facilitator. Leanne
- I found the course great, really rewarding and I feel I can go away with a repertoire of ideas and use them effectively. Craig
- Fantastic! Paul was wonderful, researched, experienced, open to answering all our questions, supportive and patient. Sally
Youth Drama 12 - 15 years
- Awesome! Couldn't have been better! (Paul was) Friendly, really helpful and a great tutor. He really knows what he's talking about. Colin
- It was great and very rewarding. It gave me new friends, new experiences and new skills. Paul is a great teacher, he knows how to treat and teach us. He definitely knows his stuff. Justin
- Heaps of fun! Learnt a lot of different things that I didn't know about before. Paul's a really good teacher. Anita
- Awesome and great fun! Paul was great! Adam
- I had a great time and enjoyed working with Paul & all the people in our group who were all really inspiring. Paul was awesome. I was given really good direction & advice & feel I have improved as an actor. Ainsley
- I thought this course was a lot of fun and I met a lot of nice new people. Paul was a great teacher. He was really enthusiastic and supportive and gave good constructive criticism. Ruby